7 Things to Do To Be Happier
- Tell yourself something positive every morning. Seriously, every morning remind yourself of one great thing going on in your life. It could be about work, maybe your family/friends, yourself or even a positive quote. Whatever you chose, take 30 seconds
- Say no to negative! Stop complaining about the way you look, or how annoying your boss is, how the kids are so messy. Don’t drag yourself down, build yourself up.There’s no need to compare yourself to anyone else! Stick to the golden rule and treat others the way you want to be treated. Changing your attitude and being more aware of how you respond to things will definitely make a difference.
- Go on adventures. Travel, go places you’ve never been; spontaneous road trips, camping weekends, zip lining tours, hike a local peak- go have some FUN! Life’s too short to get caught up in your mundane daily routines. Take some time with family and friends. Make some new memories and reminisce about old ones. You will have a blast and your mood will show it.
- Set a Goal. Make it practical, but make it worth it. For example, becoming president is a little bit of a longshot but running a 5K or changing some of your eating habits, learning a new art will be a much better way to spend your time. Take some chances, set your mind to something and do it! Take a look at your goal and make a plan on how you’re going to accomplish it. Might need some help? Seek out someone that can help you. Don’t give up & celebrate the little victories along the way!
- Be healthy! When you eat well and exercise, you feel good! Say no to sugar, vegetables are your friend, go for that morning walk, don’t skip your workouts. Take time for you! Get enough sleep! You can’t take care of those around you if you don’t take care of yourself! Disconnect from the internet, TV and social media for a few hours every week and let your mind rest! You will have more energy, your mood & health overall will improve and you will see and feel a difference!
- Get involved. Volunteer, help with a meaningful fundraiser, be active in your local community. Giving back to the community instantly makes you smile. Plus, you have fun doing it- grab a group of friends or co -workers and take an afternoon to volunteer. The community will thank you!
- Start a change jar. Set it on top of the fridge or on the bathroom counter, tuck it in between the books on your desk, just pick a place! Now all your spare change will have a home! When the jar is full you can take it to the bank and start over, money in the savings bank always makes you feel good. Financial stability? Yeah, we all could use some more of that! Plus, you may be surprised by how much you can actually save! Or, buy yourself a new pair of sneakers, take a friend out to coffee, donate it to charity, whatever it may be, enjoy it.