But do you drink enough water? And is it really going to impact your results?
Why Water Matters
Your body is made up of 60% water, which is incredible when you stop and really think about this fact. All day long you are constantly losing water by sweating and going to the bathroom – and this water must be replenished in order to keep your body in healthy, working order.
Many health authorities believe in the 8x8 theory: drink 8 (8oz) glasses of water throughout the day, or roughly half a gallon. However, a growing sector of fitness and health professionals are speaking out against this theory, stating that it is simply too little to keep you properly hydrated.
Those behind the movement to drink more than 8x8 per day are stating that the only way to truly stay hydrated is by sipping on water constantly throughout the day, and by making the effort to drink water when one doesn’t feel the signs of thirst.
Studies have come out that seem to prove that drinking more water throughout the day leads to better brain functioning, fewer headaches and physical performance.
Conversely, when you are operating in a state of mild dehydration you will experience diminished brain functioning, more frequent headaches and a decline in physical performance.
Does More Water = A More Leaner Athletic Body?
Yes, it is quite likely that drinking more water will facilitate faster fat loss results. This is primarily due to two factors:
1. An increase in metabolism: Studies show that drinking water temporarily boosts metabolism for an hour or so. Drinking cold water will spike your metabolism even higher. This means more calories burned, and more pounds lost.
2. A reduction in appetite: Staying properly hydrated helps to reduce dehydration signs that are often mistaken for hunger. It is also a viable strategy to drink a full glass of water immediately before a meal in order to reduce the calorie intake of that meal, leading to lower overall calorie intake for the day.
Hydration and Health
Staying hydrated is going to help you have a more lean athletic body, but that’s not the only benefit that you will experience. The following are all health improvements that you have to look forward to when drinking water throughout your day:
- Lower Risk of Cancer
- Reduction in Constipation
- Decreased Risk of Kidney Stones
- Healthier Skin and Less Acne
We are here to help you reach your athletic and fitness goals! If you are not yet one of our beloved clients, and you are struggling to meet your fitness and fat loss goals, then give us a call or reply to this email.
We can’t wait to work with you!